•usa
•australia
Other:
•links
•contact us
•add your site

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 Questions
 Ask your questions here...
 wills and inheritance

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Pat Posted - 16 January 2007 : 03:02:43
[b]Recently I received an email about my possibly being a heir to an estate in UK but regardless of my actually being the heir the sender seemed to want me to give information to file to be administrator..or something like that. This isn't the way we do it in the US...is this a hoax? what should I do? Here is the email: [/b]

Thanks for your email response, I am earnestly hoping that you are the kin/beneficiary to the inheritance I disclosed to you in my previous email concerning the inheritance of £4.6M British Pounds. We urgently need to present you to become the Administrator to the above estate, i.e. to receive and to distribute it. Please note that I am not certain if this person was your known relative, but that you were nominated by the reason of the fact you share the same last name.

Late XXXXXX XXXXXX (name is included but left out here) died without a WILL or CODICIL and we shall need to procure a letter of administration from the court of competent jurisdiction within the ambits and jurisdiction of the holding institution. It is necessary that an administrator be nominated because of the non availability of a will as the deceased died in testate (without a will) and with no identifiable heirs as it is in this case, the person's estate generally escheats (i.e. its legally assigned) to the government. The inheritance laws provide that the administration becomes the residuary beneficiary of the estate, that is to say the beneficiary of the remainder of the estate” However, the same inheritance laws prevent an attorney from being the beneficiary of the estate of any client as against the section above for the reason of “motives”. So either way, we stand to loose out even though we bore the responsibilities of the funeral expenses.

If you have clearly understood the above explanations kindly forward to me the information's listed below to enable me commence the immediate filling for a letter of probate, I shall however advice you on how to proceed as we progress, do understand that you will have to follow my guidelines diligently;

* Full names:...........................................

* Mailing address:...........................

* Country of Residence:..........................

* Telephone:..............................

* Fax:.....................................

Thanks for your anticipated co-operation.

Regards,

Stephen Collins

1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
admin Posted - 18 January 2007 : 11:14:54
Hi Pat,
Definitely fraud... there is a lot of this going around, commonly known as the nigerian fraud.

I quote from an excellent site on the subject..http://potifos.com/fraud/

"How does the fraud work? The bait is the fictional millions of dollars described in each one of these letters. The goal is to get you to come up with money for the "expenses" required to transfer those millions to you. The victim thinks, a few hundred or a few thousand dollars is trivial when $31 million is at stake. Each demand for more money is claimed to be the very last obstacle before the big money is released. Sometimes, the victim is lured to Nigeria, where even worse things happen.

How did they get my email address? Exactly the same way all spammers get your email address. Spammers "harvest" email addresses mentioned on web sites. Others run "dictionary attacks" — programs which query mail servers if they have an address AAA100, AAA101, AAA102, etc. That's why you get tons of unsolicited commercial email even if you've kept your email address a secret. And spammers sell each other CD's with millions of addresses. Remember that practically all spam email is fraudulent anyway, so there is no reason why sellers of penis enlargement pills and vinyl siding wouldn't sell lists of email addresses to Nigerian scammers"

To protect users of this forum, it is impossible for anyone to get hold of your email address, UNLESS YOU ANSWER. Then they have got what they want, your email address to sell on.. so please,
NEVER, EVER answer any of these spammers. Unfortunately its a sign of the times that there is so much of this vile stuff around, just delete and forget it.. just to repeat NEVER EVER ANSWER ANY SPAM MAIL

Keep that delete button working full time!
best wishes, admin

Lawyers UK © Lawyers UK Go To Top Of Page